Air Fryer French Toast sticks are easy enough for a weekday breakfast and cozy enough for a weekend!
Crisp on the outside and fluffy on the inside, these hand held bites are a favorite twist on a traditional French toast recipe.
An Air Fryer Breakfast
- Air Fryer French Toast is a fun recipe to make with the kids.
- It only takes a few ingredients and a few steps to make these!
- Leftover or slightly stale bread is perfect for this recipe.
- These sticks can be reheated and are great for little fingers to hold.
Ingredients and Variations
BREAD What a great way to use up leftover bread! Cut thick slices of Italian-style bread, French Bread or Challah into 1” sticks.
BATTER The breadsticks are dipped into a sweetened batter with cinnamon and vanilla, then baked in the air fryer to crispy perfection. It’s that simple!
- Add some maple syrup to the batter or swap out milk for juice.
- Or make baked French toast sticks with raisin bread or banana bread. As long as the sticks are thick enough to soak up the batter, anything goes!
How To Air Fry French Toast Sticks
Easy French Toast Sticks are so easy to make, just a few easy steps, and breakfast is served!
- Whisk batter ingredients together.
- Cut bread into sticks (per recipe below) & coat each stick with batter.
- Place sticks in two rows & cook, flipping once.
Air Fryer Recipe Tips
- If you’re ready to make homemade French toast sticks but your bread is too soft, it’s easy to dry it out! Set slices out overnight on a baking sheet, or bake them in a slow oven at 200°F for about 10 minutes. Let the bread cool before cutting into sticks.
- Preheating the air fryer is important because as soon as the hot air hits the food, it starts to crisp up on the outside which makes the interior of the food tender.
- To keep Air Fryer French Toast from sticking, be sure to spray the basket with cooking spray before frying.
More French Toast Favorites
Did your family love these Air Fryer French Toast Sticks? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
Air Fryer French Toast Sticks
Air Fryer French Toast Sticks are crispy & flavorful, with a hint of cinnamon & vanilla!
Preheat air fryer to 350°F. Spray basket with pan release.
Whisk eggs, milk, sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon in a shallow bowl or dish.
Cut bread into 1″ sticks – roughly 4 sticks per slice of bread.
Dip sticks into the egg mixture allowing a few seconds for the egg to soak into the bread.
Place the sticks in two rows in the air fryer basket and cook for 4 minutes.
After 4 minutes, flip the sticks over and cook for an additional 4 or until they are golden in color.
Calories: 309, Carbohydrates: 27g, Protein: 9g, Fat: 18g, Saturated Fat: 9g, Trans Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 126mg, Sodium: 221mg, Potassium: 223mg, Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 19g, Vitamin A: 295IU, Vitamin C: 1mg, Calcium: 95mg, Iron: 1mg
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
Keyword Air Fryer French Toast, air fryer french toast sticks, Air Fryer French Toast Sticks recipe, baked french toast sticks
Course Air Fryer, Breakfast
Cuisine American, French
Credit : Source link